POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sci-fi objects demo image (190 kb) : Re: Sci-fi objects demo image (190 kb) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:19:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sci-fi objects demo image (190 kb)
From: Andreas Kaiser
Date: 16 Feb 2004 18:37:09
Message: <h9k230t1d95eoobm1hrtvaid3l7qik9nv9@4ax.com>
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 23:05:34 +0000, stephen parkinson
<ste### [at] zmemw16demoncouk> wrote:

>Gilles Tran wrote:
>> This is a demo picture for some sci-fi objects I created some months ago for
>> another image.
>> There are 6 buildings and 8 flying vehicles, all different, modelled in
>> Wings3D and converted to POV-Ray, with some uvmapping for the buildings and
>> a couple of cars.
>> I was planning to release them in the next Oyonale update but since it's
>> still weeks or months away, and with the current IRTC animation topic being
>> "classic sci-fi", I thought I might jump the gun and put them for download
>> now if people want to use them for the IRTC, the IMP (I'd love to see those
>> in an animation) or anything else.
>> There's no webpage for it yet, only a big zip file that contains the *.inc,
>> the scene itself and the maps.

>> Mb unzipped)

Great.
Download is just going on (ADSL is great :-), when I first saw "Time
left: 4:35" in the Download Dialog Box I thought "Ouch, 4 and a half
hours, but this scene is it worth to wait for". I misinterpreted the
minutes :-)

>bladerunner ??

And X-Wing/Tie-Fighter?

--